Sunday 1 July 2012

Review! Models Own 'Hedkandi' in Ibiza Mix.

Hello Lovelies!
It was my best friends birthday yesterday and a few days ago I went shopping for her birthday stuff and such and I'd recently been paid all the money I was owed by Student Finance (genuinely felt like I'd won the lottery!) so I went a bit spend happy and came home with hundreds of new products.
Image taken from www.modelsownit.com

I went into Boots and came across a new range of polishes by Models Own. They have come out with a Hedkandi range which are all neon and bright colours with a few glitter polishes too. I picked up silver glittery one for my friend and then also picked up one called 'Ibiza Mix' for myself, which is a clear varnish with a mix of chunky and small pieces of rainbow glitter.
My first expectations of it were really really high because I once used a glitter polish from another range from Models Own and it was incredible and only really needed two coats to create a really good pigmented glitter look. However I applied one coat to a clean nail and hardly anything came out, I literally had to position the glitter on my nail myself because it kept coming out in clumps! After letting it dry I attempted another coat and it just happened again, but it did look much better with the second coat. 
After two coats!
To be completely honest, I'm a smidgey bit disappointed with how it turned out on my nails, but I think its because my last purchase of there polish was amazing, maybe next time I use it I'll try it over a different colour just to add some rainbow sparkles. Overall it was an okay find and it wasn't THAT much of a waste because Models Own polishes are usually £5 a go but at the moment in Boots they are buy one get one half price so really it only cost me £2.50!

1 comment:

  1. I really like these kinds of nailvarnishes. People use them as a topcoat over another colour but i prefer to do 2/3 coats and then all the glitter comes out properly and it looks pretty much the same as it does inside the bottle! Topshop to lovely ones too! Loving your blog by the way, check mine out if you get a second :)

    allthatjazzle.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete